African Artists’ Foundation (AAF) in collaboration with the European National Institutes for Culture (EUNIC) proudly present the 2nd edition of the LagosPhoto Festival, opening on Sunday 9th of October 2011 at the Eko hotel and Suites Convention center, Lagos.
Following on from the inaugural event launched in October 2010, and as part of an on-going project designed to use art intervention in public spaces, this year’s theme: “What’s Next Africa? -The Hidden Stories” aims to use the power of photography to represent the hidden stories on the continent as opposed to the over represented, sensationalized, dramatic images on Africa popular across the globe. It also aims to make visible important social issues as well as capture the essence of the continent from a holistic and organic perspective.
LP Planned Activities 2011
- Grand Opening ceremony and Exhibition, Sunday 9th Oct Eko Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Lagos Photo Party in the Park, Sat 15th/Sun 16th Oct, Muri Okunola Park Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Lagos Photo Photo Walk (for amateur and professional photographers) Sat 22/Sun 23rd Oct
- Photography workshops (for amateur and professional photographers) – 7th-23rd October
Sun 30th Oct - Fashion photography exhibitions /film screenings - Muri Okunola park, Victoria Island
- Outdoor exhibitions – Muri Okunola park, Victoria Island, Falomo underpas,s Ikoyi, MKO Abiola park Ketu, Ikeja, Professor Ayodele Awojobi Park, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba.